At this point in time, most companies are well aware of the fact that online marketing is an absolute must. At the very minimum, a company should have a website or a social media profile (to be honest, both of those should be required at the very minimum). Even smaller companies are catching on to the fact that they can greatly improve and expand on their business by marketing heavily online, using their SEO, social media and content marketing, just to name a few strategies. However, one thing that has only recently begun catching on is the use of mobile marketing – and it’s a tactic that can no longer be ignored.
Why is Mobile Marketing Necessary?
Think about how many people have a mobile device of some sort, whether it’s a smart phone or a tablet. Only a few years ago, these devices were seen as luxury items. Now, they are commonplace. In fact, those who do not own one or the other are in the minority. There are actually more mobile phones in the United States than there are people. Ignoring mobile users is a mistake. The following are a few statistics that should convince companies that mobile marketing is a must:
- One out of seven people own a smart phone. This isn’t just in the United States, this is worldwide!
- It was predicted by many experts that mobile Internet access would eclipse computer Internet access by 2014. Guess what? It did. Not only did a larger percentage of people access the Internet via their mobile devices than via their computers, but that percentage only continues to increase.
- Around 80 percent of individuals that use the Internet own a smart phone. This means that they will be using their smart phone to surf the web at some point in time – even if they don’t use it to go online as much as they use their computers to go online.
- Roughly 25 percent of all online searches are done on mobile devices.
- Roughly 57 percent of users will not recommend a company that has a poor mobile website.
Companies that ignore these statistics are ignoring a huge percentage of the consumer base. Not to mention that they are already behind their competition.
How Will Our Services Improve a Company’s Mobile Marketing Strategy?
First of all, we will make sure that the company website is optimized for mobile use. A website that isn’t optimized for mobile use is going to be difficult to navigate. Users will have all kinds of issues, including problems loading the site or parts of the site, having to scroll from left to right in addition to up and down and having difficulty navigating through different pages, just to name a few. And guess what? Users that have these issues aren’t going to want to deal with them. They’ll hit the back button and go to a website that is optimized – meaning that the company not only just lost a potential customer, but may have lost that customer to a competitor. In addition to optimizing websites for mobile use, Britewave Digital will also help companies to implement some of the following mobile marketing strategies:
- Social media integration – Around 81 percent of smartphone users will read reviews on social media before making a purchase. We can help companies to integrate customer reviews into their mobile program and implement the use social media sharing buttons.
- Implement SMS marketing – As long as the customer opts in, we can set up SMS marketing that sends time sensitive notifications, coupons and more directly to customers on their smart phones.
- Segmenting customer data – We will use important customer data, such as location, demographic, age and more, to segment a company’s subscribers, allowing us to send SMS content that is more relevant and timely.
- Incorporate geo-location information – We can implement geo-location technology into your mobile marketing strategy so that companies can target consumers that are in or around their stores with special offers.
Mobile marketing has become more important than ever, and we can help companies make the most out of their mobile marketing strategies. For more information about our marketing services, contact us at Britewave Digital today.